[pmwiki-users] Site.EditForm and UserAuth2 issues

Matt Riker mriker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:04:37 CDT 2008

According to pmwiki.com, it is possible to identify page changes by user by
editing Site.EditForm and replacing $[Author]: (:input e_author:)with
$[Author]:
[[Profiles/{$Author}]].  I have done so, but the change doesn't seem to have
taken effect; editing a page still asks for the author's name, and doesn't
require logged-in user to edit the page.  I also used this page to remove
the quick reference info on an edit page, but it still appears.  I'm
assuming that these changes are supposed to take effect as soon as I save
them; why wouldn't this work?

Also, I wrote previously that I couldn't login to my site with UserAuth2
installed, even as admin.  Removing UserAuth2 fixed the problem, but I'm
still searching for a solution so that I can use UserAuth2.  Can anyone
suggest why UserAuth2 wouldn't allow me to login with my admin login and
password?  Also, how can users register a login name and password?

Thanks!