[pmwiki-users] Site.EditForm and UserAuth2 issues

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 15 00:57:01 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:04:37PM -0400, Matt Riker wrote:
>    According to pmwiki.com, it is possible to identify page changes by user
>    by editing Site.EditForm and replacing $[Author]: (:input e_author:)with
>    $[Author]: [[Profiles/{$Author}]].  I have done so, but the change doesn't
>    seem to have taken effect; editing a page still asks for the author's
>    name, and doesn't require logged-in user to edit the page.  I also used
>    this page to remove the quick reference info on an edit page, but it still
>    appears.  I'm assuming that these changes are supposed to take effect as
>    soon as I save them; why wouldn't this work?

What version of PmWiki are you using?  The Site.EditForm capabilities
may require 2.2.0-beta.

And yes, saving the page should cause the changes to take effect.
Note that the Site.EditForm page has to actually be *saved* -- making
changes to Site.EditForm itself and hitting "preview" won't be
enough to show what might be changing.

If there's a url we could view that would be extremely helpful also.