[pmwiki-users] To all Fox users

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 08:20:29 CDT 2008

Saturday, March 15, 2008, 7:58:35 PM, Hans wrote:

> At present fox.php has  a bunch of global configuration variables set
> with SDV. Customisations to any of these need to be done before
> fox.php is included. This leads to problems when one wants to set
> customisations via a local/Group.php or local/Group.Page.php file
> and fox.php is included in the config.php file. Any such
> customisations are ignored, because they come too late. And an admin
> may not even be aware of this, which may lead to unwanted security
> settings.

Thanks for all your responses!
Pondering this a bit longer I am realising that my analysis is wrong.
Generally setting a variable after it is set will simply reset it to
the new value. It does not matter if this is an array or a plain
variable.

The only problem is the way $FoxAuth is handled.
I thought I did the correct thing by setting

  SDV($FoxAuth, 'edit');

and using
   $HandleAuth['foxpost'] = $FoxAuth;

to pass the $FoxAuth value to the function handling ?action=foxpost.

But doing this any later setting for $FoxAuth will be ignored. So the
problem comes from using $HandleAuth to pass the value to the
function. The problem is solved by avoiding
    $HandleAuth['foxpost'] = $FoxAuth;

and declaring $FoxAuth global in the function and using it there
instead of the handled on value from $HandleAuth.

So I can just apply these small changes to Fox, and don't need to
introduce a $FoxConfig array.

  ~Hans