[pmwiki-users] Request to extend Wiki Styles colors

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 09:40:37 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Saturday, March 15, 2008, 8:15:18 PM, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>
>  >         $WikiStyle['mybluexlt']['color']='#d3ebf1';
>  >         $WikiStyle['mybluelt']['color']='#b2dae6';
>  >         $WikiStyle['mybluem']['color']='#3d809b';
>  >         $WikiStyle['myblued']['color']='#2b596a';
>  >
>  > but in my wiki, neither of the following renders in my custom color:
>
>  > %color=myblued%This text should be my dark blue, "myblued"%%
>  > %bgcolor=myblued white% this text should be white on my dark blue, "myblued"%%
>
>  > What am I failing to understand?  Do I need something before or after
>  > the config.php material to make it work?
>
>  The definitions above define wiki style names as text colors, but not
>  as background colors.
>
>  This works:
>
>   %myblued%This text should be my dark blue, "myblued"%%
>
>  to define a background color do something like
>   $WikiStyle['myblued']['background-color']='#2b596a';
>
>  Then you can use:
>   %bgmyblued white% this text should be white on my dark blue, "bgmyblued"%%
>
>  Note this is a different wiki style name! If you use the same name
>  you get same color text as the background, which nobody can read!
>
>  Using %color=name% or %bgcolor=name% only works if 'name' is a color
>  keyword, defined for instance like in my comment about $SVGColors

Oh.  Well, is there any way to set my custom wikistyle colors in my
css file, instead of in local/config.php?

In my skin's css file, I put, for instance

.myblued { color: #2b596a;   }
.bgmyblued { background-color: #2b596a;   }

And those work for regular text,

%myblued%myblued, bgmyblued%%
%bgmyblued white%myblued, bgmyblued%%

but I can't use the background one to set the background color of a
table cell -- neither of these works:

(:cell bgmyblued:) myblued, bgmyblued
nor
(:cell bgcolor=bgmyblued:)  myblued, bgmyblued

(or, actually, the second one does fill the cell's background, but
with a different color entirely).