[pmwiki-users] wiki page creation

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Mar 22 18:39:30 CDT 2008

> Is there an easy way to automatically create a bunch of
> wiki pages from a text file, which consists of a list of sections,
> and each section shall become a new wiki page?
>
> The sections are mainly of plain text with some wiki markup,
> the beginning of each section is determined by some text marker
> string, the end of each section by the beginning of the next.
> The wiki page name needs to be determined by a string in each section.

Another WikiSh solution, this time more efficient (only writes to each file
one time).  Note that you need the most up-to-date version of WikiSh.php for
this to work - I fixed a couple bugs while working through this solution.
Same assumptions as before regarding file location and format...

===(snip)===
set -s outfile = preval
while read --stdin:TEXTFILE--foo.txt line
do
   if test "${line}" ~= "/^===.*===$/"
   then
      if test "${outfile}" != "preval"
      then
         echo "Outputting to ${outfile}"
         echo ${filetext} >${outfile}
      fi
      set -s filetext = ""
      set -s outfile = `echo ${line} | sed 's/^===(.*)===$/$1/'`
   else
      set -s filetext .= "\n${line}"
   fi
done
if test -n "${filetext}" && test ${outfile} != preval
then
   echo "Outputting to ${outfile}"
   echo "${filetext}" >${outfile}
fi