[pmwiki-users] login visible, not edit etc

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 12:58:43 CDT 2008

Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 4:21:15 PM, James Montaldi wrote:

>  I thought the skin was just the look and feel.

Skins can vary greatly in the functionality they offer, not just the
look. They are the GUIs of the wiki. Skin is really a misnomer or
understatement.

(:noaction:) will only suppress the top action links in the PmWiki
default skin, not the bottom (page foot) action links.
The top action links are defined in Site.PageActions (or can also be
defined in a Group.PageAction page).
The bottom action links are hard coded in the pmwiki.tmpl file, in
section <div id='wikifoot'>.
There is no markup to suppress these I think.
I hope this can be mending in future, as suppressing just half of the
action links is not good enough.

  ~Hans