[pmwiki-users] wiki page creation

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 14:24:55 CDT 2008

Thanks everyone for their suggestions!

In the end I shied away from jumping into deep water to try out some
shell syntax, and I just stayed with the familiar and used php, by
writing  a filter function for Fox which split  a text provided and
then let Fox generate the separate pages. This worked well, but
required some adjustments and bug fixes in  fox.php, so the whole
multi-page process could run smoothly. Fox can now also do
find-replace on wildcard pagelist targets, without falling over
errors like 'string not found in target page'. Over a hundred pages
can be processed in one go, I have not tried much more, since
eventually one runs into a php timeout error.

  ~Hans