[pmwiki-users] back to an old story : conditional for attachments (fwd)

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:10:21 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Alain Castera <castera at in2p3.fr> wrote:
>  So I need a way to test the existence of a given attachment at the group level,
>  before offering the site-wide attachment.

I can't remember if I've posted this anywhere, but this is what I use
on my sites:

# this adds (:if attach-exists [Group.Page/]filename.ext:) to the markup
$Conditions['attach-exists'] = "AttachFileExists(\$pagename,\$condparm)";
function AttachFileExists( $pagename, $path ) {
  global $UploadFileFmt;
  if (preg_match('!^(.*)/([^/]+)$!', $path, $match)) {
    $pagename = MakePageName($pagename, $match[1]);
    $path = $match[2];
  }
  $upname = MakeUploadName($pagename,$path);
  $filepath = FmtPageName("$UploadFileFmt/$upname", $pagename);
  return file_exists($filepath);
}

Add the above to your config file, and you'll have a new (:if
attach-exists [Group.Page/]filename.ext:) condition. What it does is
check if filename.ext can be found for for the given Group.Page. You
may of course use Group/filename.ext or just filename.ext to default
to the current page. No permissions are checked, as the conditional
only tells you if a file with that name exists on the server.

eemeli