[pmwiki-users] auto-upload using fox?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 04:46:07 CDT 2008

Thursday, March 27, 2008, 7:16:10 PM, Hans wrote:

> One way which might work would be to use a fox form for all the
> data input and page creation and posting, and use the redirect=
> parameter with a full url which includes all the parameters needed to
> upload a file. But I am not sure if this is actually possible or
> allowed

I think this was a wrong suggestion.
Uploads through url don't work, because for very valid security
reasons.

I will add uploads capability to Fox, it is fairly simple.
I have to decide still how to integrate it into Fox's multi-target
model, and how to handle the security.
I probably implement uploads for one target page only, for a start.
So Fox can upload via using the file input control, and post content
etc at the same form submission.
For security i can either leave uploads to be protected via standard
'upload' permission, i.e. one needs upload permission in order to
upload, or I add a new $FoxUploadAuth variable, set by default to
'uploads'. Quite certainly the $FoxAuth setting should not govern
upload permission as well.
In addition 'upload' can become a pege permission, like 'add',
'delete', 'replace' etc., so an upload target page needs to have
a permission set via FoxConfig or $FoxPagePermissions.

Any ideas or feedback on this?

  ~Hans