[pmwiki-users] Status of 2.2 non-beta release?
john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu May 1 16:52:54 CDT 2008
>Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:24:03 +0200
>From: marc <gmane at auxbuss.com>
>Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Status of 2.2 non-beta release?
>To: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
>Message-ID: <MPG.2283e2cedfb88b0f989b4d at news.gmane.org>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>Patrick R. Michaud said...
>> Would the community prefer that I go ahead and issue a 2.2.0
>> release now, with the understanding that the remaining RoadMap
>> features will appear in a later minor release? Or should I
>> continue to hold the "beta" designation until those later
>> features are done?
>Yes. You could have done he same a year ago ;-)
>Most stable beta I've ever run.
I agree. It has also been a stable beta for long enough that
most cookbook recipes are now compatible with the changes made
in the 2.2 series. But if I could make one request...
This is a 3 line non-intrusive change to scripts/pagelist.php
that will stop PublishPDF users from having to patch the
pmwiki core. That would make my day!
In most cases, one interprets 'beta' as 'buggy' whereas
I agree with Marc that beta 65 is more stable than many
non-beta software products.
| & * Wellington
More information about the pmwiki-users