[pmwiki-users] FoxForum cannot create second forum

Marcus prima at wordit.com
Sat May 3 20:24:52 CDT 2008

On Sat, 3 May 2008 23:47:07 +0100
Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> "$FoxPagePermissions['MyForum.*'] = 'all';"
>
> You may need to put this line of code into config.php before including
> fox.php.

Hans, Thanks! That solved it :-)

It works both before and after including fox. The main thing is that
each new group is granted permissions in config.php before creation.

The other issue was that I had to include foxforum in the Forum.php
file. That needs uncommenting:

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/foxforum.php");

This way the GUI Buttons settings in Forum.php worked, otherwise they
did not appear. If you declare GUI Buttons in config.php they appear,
but the settings for smilies etc in Forum.php are ignored/overridden.

I hope this info helps in amending the FoxForum docs, unless it is
server specific?

Marcus