[pmwiki-users] accented titles

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed May 21 13:55:18 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 16:43:27 jdd wrote:
> Hans wrote:
> > Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 12:45:11 PM, jdd wrote:
> >> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UTF-8), but isn't PmWiki already
> >> utf8 enabled - I use pmwiki-2.2.0-beta65 ??)
> >
> > no it is not.

> reading this: "Currently PmWiki 2.0 versions have the UTF-8 file
> needed already loaded.", I though it was already done since 2.0!

It is included in the PmWiki distribution and it works great (does even
case-insensitive searches), but to enable it you need to add a line in your
config.php.

UTF-8 is great because it is able to properly display all languages in all
alphabets. All new PmWiki installations should be set in UTF-8. The only
reason why PmWiki is not already in UTF-8 by default is that it would be
difficult to automatically upgrade page/file/names and text in existing sites
from the previously default iso8859-1.

Petko