[pmwiki-users] How do I create RSS feeds for changes to individual pages?

Thomas Tempelmann tt at tempel.org
Tue May 27 10:15:06 CDT 2008

On 27.05.2008 17:09 Uhr, "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 03:32:57PM +0200, Thomas Tempelmann wrote:
>> Whenever I create a new page on my pmwiki, I like to offer a RSS link to
>> that readers can quickly learn of updates to the particular page.
>
> We've generally blocked on this particular feature because there's
> not a clear statement of what such a feed should look like.
>
> In particular, what should the description of each update contain?
> If it's to be a summary of changes in the versions -- how can we
> display that concisely in text?

All I care for is that the user gets a notification _that_ the page has
changed since his last check. Plus, the changes as a diff-like display.

So, the RSS items should have a title such as "Updated on [date]", with a
description of an excerpt of the changes as a diff or something slightly
readable. I expect the read then to go to the main page anyways.

I'm a bit surprised that no one has yet implemented such a feature. I write
tech articles, not a blog. For a blog, readers are generally interested in
updates to the entire blog because they like the author. In my case, readers
are interested in a particular tech issue and like to know if that updates
with new infos.

So, does this mean I'm not getting an automatic trail for this easily?

Thomas