[pmwiki-users] links with mouseover titles

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed May 28 17:53:34 CDT 2008

>From: "Peter & Melodye Bowers" <pbowers at pobox.com>
>Subject: [pmwiki-users] links with mouseover titles
>Is there any recipe which will give me capability of using a normal link
>(without title) but when the user hovers their mouse over it then it would
>give the real title?
>
>I'm wanting to use short links to profile pages in a wikiform application so
>they need to fit in a relatively narrow column.  But I want the capability
>of people hovering over the link and seeing the title.
>
>More clearly, I want to enter [[~SCB]] (or [[~SCB|^]] or something) in the
>field (not [[~SCB|+]]) and then when I hover my mouse over that link I would
>like to see "Stephen's Center Bookstore".
>
>Any possibilities?
>
>-Peter

It depends on where the "Stephen's Center Bookstore" information is held.
If it's in the first field of a form page, for example, the titled links
option in the extended markup recipe will do this automatically. For an
example, see
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=TipOfTheWeek.TipOfTheWeek
and hover over the page number.

We could probably modify this to meet your needs. If you start the
profile page with a heading:

!!!Stephen's Center Bookstore

it will automatically appear in the tool tip with this recipe.

JR
--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited