[pmwiki-users] Recent edits page not loading

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 2 13:53:18 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 11:14:14AM -0700, Walker Lindley wrote:
> I just took over managing my company’s wiki and noticed that recent edits page
> is no longer loading. Specifically the error is:
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in I:\Wiki\
> pmwiki.php on line 863
>
> Although the line number it errors on varies (sometimes 870, 1467, and many
> other lines).

What version of PmWiki?

The most likely problem is that the page has grown too big to be processed.
The best thing to do is to cut down some of the older entries in the
page (just edit it like a normal page), or rename/remove it entirely
to start anew.

In newer versions of PmWiki (>=2.0.0) you can set the $RCLinesMax
variable to a number like 2000 or so to limit the number of recent edits
that are held in the page.  See also
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LayoutVariables#RCLinesMax