[pmwiki-users] Recent edits page not loading

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:31:35 CDT 2008

2008/10/2 Walker Lindley <wlindley at pipeworks.com>:
> Ok, so I was setting it in the right place then. Apparently even setting it as low as 5 doesn't fix the problem. I also edited the Site.AllRecentChanges file by hand (noticing that the text=* line had over 228,000 characters on it) to make it smaller, but the page still isn't loading. Is there another piece I'm missing?

Try directly editing the page in PmWiki without viewing it, ie. copy
the address of the AllRecentChanges page from a link pointing to,
paste that into the browser's location bar and add  ?action=edit  to
its end. When you edit a page, PmWiki won't parse the page from markup
to HTML and hence might not trigger the 30 second timeout.

If you have write access to the wiki files directly but not within
PmWiki, you can add the following line to the page to set a different
edit password for it:

passwdedit=some_password

eemeli