[pmwiki-users] New recipe, request for comments: Sisterly

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:58:33 CDT 2008

I maintain a couple of sites that are in fact wiki farms, mainly in
order to have different language versions and various intranets.

In order to better integrate these, I've written and now published
Sisterly <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Sisterly>, which lets me
refer to pages on other wikis hosted on the same server using the same
markup as for intermap links. So far, it handles page variables, page
text variables, page lists and including other pages across wikis.

There are some functions that I haven't yet but will eventually
implement, such as listing pages from another wiki only if the
relevant page doesn't exist in the current wiki and "proper" sister
wiki functionality as defined here
<http://www.wikimatrix.org/wiki/feature:SisterWiki>. Any suggestions
as to what else would be useful?

eemeli