[pmwiki-users] php form generator

Swift, Chris Chris.Swift at eu.dodea.edu
Mon Sep 8 12:50:55 CDT 2008

Dan,

I appreciate you going the extra mile in trying to help aide me in this situation.

Let me start with explaining what I need and then I'll say what I did.

I am in need of some authentication system that would allow my users to login and self-register.  Right now what I think I would like to do is to have my users login with a general username and password that I set (such as name "opentoallusers" and password "fun").  Then, if they want to edit any content, then they would have to register.  Here is where my problems starts, because I need a lot of info on them such as username (they want to have show up as they are online), first and last name, address, e-mail, phone number and a couple other fields.  All of the information they provide me would have to be stored in a place that only I (the administrator) could access or only they (the single user) could see.  Additionally, I need an e-mail possibility, in which they would have to receive an e-mail confirmation from their sign up (in order to make sure their account is legit).  Basically this is very standard stuff.  When you register now-a-days you have to provide tons of fields of info and then you get an e-mail sent to you with a link that you click in order to finish the registration.  That's what I need and I believe ZAP could provide.

So, what I did was to download both the ZAP and ZAP toolbox recipes.  I then added them into my config page.  Afterwards, I followed the directions from http://zapdoc.web-farm.org <http://zapdoc.web-farm.org/>  where I created a ZAP config page verbatum from the website (which it stated on that website I had to do for security reasons) and clicked on save.  I then placed a link on my authuser page (the PMWiki page that shows up in order to login).  This link went to a page that I created zap.login page at which I copied and pasted the member management information:

(:messages:)
(:zapform:)
(:zap login="":)
||Member Name: ||(:input text Member:)
||Password: ||(:input password Password:) (:input submit value="Login!":)
(:zapend:)
Afterwards, I placed a link on that page (zap.login) that would lead to a new page I called zap.register and copied this information:
(:messages:)
(:zapform:)
(:zap datapage="Profiles.{$newmember}":)
||Member Name:%red%*%% ||(:input text Member:)
||Password:%red%*%% ||(:input password Password:)
||Real Name: ||(:input text RealName:)
||Email: ||(:input text Email:)
||Country: ||(:input text Country:)
||Gender: ||(:input select Gender Male:) (:input select Gender Female:)
(:zap register="Email,Password,RealName,Country,Gender":)
(:zap login="auto":)
(:zapend:)
I did this so I could experiment with the ZAP login while still be able to login via PMWiki if things went wrong and play with the new user-registration.
Unfortunately, it locked me completely out of PMWiki.  So, fortunately I had made a back-up copy before adding ZAP and tried a different registration system.
I know I screwed up (probably in this case royally) since I'm a very novice user.  I have HTML coding experience and am trying to self-teach myself on PhP now, but I'm still lacking.
Thanks for your help on this matter,
Chris