[pmwiki-users] Help needed after server change

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:09:38 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Curtis, Clayton <Clayton.Curtis at va.gov> wrote:
> My initial symptom was inability to edit files, with the "pagename,new"
> file created with valid data, but getting the pmwiki "Cannot write page
> to ..." message.  Well, I know the answer, just not how to fix it ....
> SELinux is the culprit....  I either have to run the system with it
> disabled or figure out what in pmwiki / apache to give enhanced
> permissions to in order to have it work. (httpd_unified is already on).
> If anyone is running SELinux and has hit this, advice would be
> appreciated so that I don't have to turn the whole thing off!

One of our sites had something that might have been similar -- I don't
recall the exact error message -- but anyway, while I never did figure
out what caused it, the problem cleared up once I removed all the
"pagename,new" files and the .flock file from wiki.d.

The "pagename,new" files did not contain the valid data in my case,
though -- they were all always zero size -- so maybe it wasn't the
same.

Just a datum for ya, in case it's a clue.

Tegan