[pmwiki-users] linking an URL that contains the | value

Moni Kellermann kellerfrau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:25:20 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I want to include a search result link on a page with the link being
displayed as a short description.

Unfortunately the search result link contains the value | which of
course means if I use it with the [[url | url display]] format, the part
of the link following the | is displayed, the link is cut off and so on.

If I wrap the | as [=|=], the display is correct but the search result
link no longer works because the target page wants to parse the whole
[=|=] which is not a proper value for that search.

How can I make that URL with | work?

I now cheated using tinyurl.com...

Thanx for your help!

moni k.