[pmwiki-users] Navboxes on pmwiki

Michael Fake michael.j.fake at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:45:55 CDT 2009

Hi all,

New to PMWiki, and I promise I've spent hours and hours trawling through the
email archives and the main site trying to find the answer to this question,
but I'm still stumped: is it possible in PMWiki to create templates with
variables, equivalent to the templating seen in Mediawiki (e.g. with
navboxes, warning boxes, etc).

I know I can edit group.headers and .footers, and I think I understand how
the (:include:) function and pagelist variables are working, but neither of
these seems capable of doing what I need.

I'd like to be able to, say, create a table in the page Templates/Navbox,
with variables in the 'Name', 'Address', 'Title' cells, and then to pull
that table into any other page on the wiki, and set the name, address, and
title variables within that table on each of those pages.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Michael.