[pmwiki-users] Skin authors : Many PmWiki skins fail to validate

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Apr 5 22:21:45 CDT 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Today I added a "validate" link in the SkinHeader page to make it easier to
> check an installed PmWiki.org skin for (in)valid HTML. I was surprised to
> find out that in the first 20 skins, 17 failed to validate. (I didn't check
> the others.)
In *some* cases the failure is more to do with the markup used on the
skin pages rather than the skin itself. For example, Blix 'fails' to
validate because of some attributes used on the Blix skin page, rather
than there being a problem with the skin itself.

This can also be fixed, by moving to "transitional" rather than strict,
although I'm not really sure what that accomplishes.

  ~ ~ Dave