[pmwiki-users] Help/advice: How to "archive" a page and delete the old page

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Apr 9 09:58:38 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Graham Archer <Graham.Archer at sun.com> wrote:
> On occasions it is needed to change the Customer profile information
> (address/contact details etc).
> When this happens I want the user  to be able to "archive" the old page for
> reference/audit purposes.
> I would like all the information in old Customer profile to move to an
> archive group and the old profile deleted from the existing group.

Why not just make the change via fox (or whatever form processor) and
allow the built-in history capabilities of pmwiki handle the "archive"
functionality?

I can give you a quick wikish form which would make a copy of the page
with a different name or whatever, but I really think what you are
looking for already exists...

-Peter