[pmwiki-users] display older page versions

Daniel Roesler diafygi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:55:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've been working on a recipe to list page revisions and as I was
> doing that came across a way to display the older versions, but I
> don't want to spend a lot of time on it if you're already working on
> it...

Yes, I have a recipe almost ready for displaying previous revisions. I
have been working on some patches on the developers list.

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cb11bec220903012158v2e612d36uf55eaceec6cdd132%40mail.gmail.com%3e

Basically, I am adding an action that renders a page with the markup
at the time specified. For example,
http://pm.com/wiki/Main/Home?action=diffview&time=1234567890 will
generate a rendering at that time. This action only changes the markup
to that particular page (i.e. included pages are not also reverted to
their time; this could be a feature added in a subsequent verison).

I have NOT started on a comparison section for the history preview,
but I suspect it would look something like
http://pm.com/wiki/Main/Home?action=diffview&time=1234567890:2234567890,
where a colon separates the two timestamps to be compared. I suspect
the first version of this would be a simple line comparison/highlight,
but later versions could be a word-by-word comarison.

I'm still unclear on how this could be integrated into the existing
history page (comparison radio buttons, etc.), but the action needs to
be developed first. I will post the first version early next week
(possibly with a comparison option).

Avast!
Daniel Roesler
diafygi at gmail.com