[pmwiki-users] Changing login content

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 07:32:40 CDT 2009

There are at least a couple of ways to do this.  One would be to
create a special version of the skin for your Main/HomePage that
doesn't incorporate any of the Site-group or other Main-group pages,
then set read-access to Main/HomePage to @nopass.

Another way would be to create an all-html version of index.php, with
the material you want your visitors to see, just with normal html
markup.  Where I've done this, I've customized the root-level
.htaccess file
FROM:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /pmwiki.php?n=$1 [L,qsappend]
RewriteRule ^$ /index.php [L,qsappend]
php_flag display_errors off

TO:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /pmwiki.php?n=$1 [L,qsappend]
RewriteRule ^$ /index.php [L,qsappend]
php_flag display_errors off

(and I've also incorporated an html link somewhere to the site's
Main/HomePage for my own convenience.)

There are probably other approaches, as well.  Ask if yo need more information,

Tegan Dowling
http://twitter.com/wikignome

"The future’s here already. It’s just unevenly distributed." -- William Gibson