[pmwiki-users] Recent pmwiki versions may have broken the PublishPDF plug-in (update)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Apr 14 23:52:00 CDT 2009

I am wondering whether changes to pmwiki security introduced in
beta 67 (or possibly a later change) may have broken the PublishPDF
library's ability to request a PDF of a password-protected page.
While I am still investigating the issue, I thought it best to seek
an informed opinion early, as this is potentially a serious problem
with the recipe, needing an urgent fix.

The problem as reported occurs when an authenticated user calls for
a PDF of a password-protected page. The problem occurs both for
password access (standard pmwiki security) and username/password
(via authuser) access. The PDF comes back with "Password required"
instead of the page's contents. This has worked with no problems
for several years.

<update>
This has now been tested with pmwiki 2.2.1 and 2.2.0 beta 66 and
the same problem occurs. So far, it has only been tested for
password-protected pages. The only thing we can think of is that
something in the hosting environment has changed and is rejecting
the incoming request from the PDF server because it comes from a
different IP address to that of the original authenticated session.
</update>

[snip]

Any ideas??
--