[pmwiki-users] Tagging like TiddlyWiki

Michael Fake michael.j.fake at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 03:35:21 CDT 2009

Eemeli, Peter,

Thanks. I think Peter is onto something here. Eemeli, I WANT both links to
resolve to Main.Dogs! I just ALSO want to be able to generate a list that
only includes one of the links, not both.

I've just done a little test and Peter's solution does seem to work:

[[_Dogs]] and [[Dogs]] both take me to Main.Dogs.

If I then, on the Main.Dogs page, add the pagelist query
(:pagelist link={$Name} _Dogs:)

It lists those pages tagged with _Dogs, and not pages that have a link to
Dogs.

Essentially this is very similar to my original solution, but using
underscores instead of asterisks, which means the pagelist doesn't refer to
itself. It doesn't rely on any changes to categorygroups - this whole
solution works independently of categories.

It's still not perfect - I now have a bunch of links displaying on a page
with an ugly underscore in front of them, although I guess I could live with
that.

I did play around with Bloge tagging last night, and that looked like it
might offer a slightly neater solution. I could create a standard link
[[Dogs]], and a tag generated from (:keywords dogs:), both of which resolved
to Main.Dogs. But I couldn't see a way of creating a list that was only
looking at keywords. Anyone have any ideas of a way to do that?