[pmwiki-users] Reducing PmWiki website mainteance

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 11:50:32 CDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> These is an ongoing background load of sandbox type changes to new pages in
> the Main group and at times to New groups.
> I'd like to see a discussion about, and to suggest, that,
> on PmWiki.org all Main pages (except sandbox), and new page creation,
> should be password protected (you know which one),
> and creation of new groups should similarly be password protected.

I'm a mere wikignome-type toiler in the garden; I did some work de-spamming
and de-sandboxing of the site for a while, but quit when I saw the incidents
becoming so frequent (in fact, I quit watching AllRecentChanges because of
it) that I became convinced an automated system was called for.

I've long admired Simon's tenacity in his efforts to keep the wiki clean; if
Simon says (heh) passwords are needed, then I believe passwords are needed.