[pmwiki-users] Problem displaying border around image

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Wed Aug 26 04:31:53 CDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am trying to display a double border around an image. I do this by
setting a style

%border='double 4px brown'%Attach:picture.img

In IE everything is displayed as expected.

However in Firefox, the border does not go around the image, but rather
around the "span" element. Resulting I have the image, and the lowest
~20px of this image are surrounded by a border, with the rest of the
image "overhanging" to the top.

This is what it looks like, the stars being my picture, the pipes and
underscores being the border...

    **********************
    **********************
    **********************
    **********************
    **********************
   _**********************_
   |**********************|
   -----------------------

Now, when I use

%lfloat border='double 4px brown'%Attach:picture.img

this problem goes away, but I get a float which I did not want in the
first place.

Finally I tried

%block border='double 4px brown'%Attach:picture.img

which also removes the initial problem, but then displays a border
across the full page, instead of just around my image.

Any ideas about what I could try?

Thank you!

Mike