[pmwiki-users] More Installation Problems

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Dec 24 03:41:20 CST 2009

2009/12/24 Wade Hudson <wade at wadehudson.net>:
> I now can edit and upload my config.php file and see the changes at
> http://charternetwork.org/public_html/pmwiki.php/
>
> But when I click on the links there, I'm told, "The requested URL
> /pmwiki.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found
> error...."

You'll notice that when you click on the links instead of taking you
to .../public_html/pmwiki.php... it is just taking you to
.../pmwiki.php...

You need lines like the following in your config.php:

$ScriptUrl = 'http://charterenetwork.org/public_html/pmwiki.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://charterenetwork.org/public_html/pub';

===
List, these used to be part of the "Initial Tasks", I thought, in the
sample config.php that's listed there...  Are they not needed anymore
in certain configurations?  I'll go ahead and add them, but if someone
knows better please just go and undo my changes there in "Initial
Tasks".
===

-Peter