[pmwiki-users] group headers not working in login page???

dan mcmullen bang at bangzero.org
Mon Dec 28 00:21:42 CST 2009

Tegan has the idea i am going for here.  so, the styles in
AllGroupHeader are mostly those which effect the color scheme for the
site.  i have some custom markup that defines a site color set.  then
all the site styles, both css and wikistyles, can use meaningful color
names instead of hex.  and this provides a single point in an easily
modified page where a webmaster can tweak the site colors.

the problem seems to be that the login, uploads and history pages do not
use the normal page layout scheme.  so changing $GroupHeaderFmt does not
seem to be effective, for css or wikistyles.  i will try Tegan's
suggestion of putting styles in my skin's SiteHeader page.  but that
seems awkward, and i think the SiteHeader page is normally processed
after the main page content, so i'm uncertain if it would work for
normal pages.

thanks for the thoughts everyone.  i'm guessing at this point that these
'special' pages just can't be styled in the way i am hoping for.

enjoy! /dan