[pmwiki-users] (:title:) of (:include:) included pages overrides page title

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Feb 3 06:04:45 CST 2009

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 10:23:35 Oliver Betz wrote:
> Petko Yotov wrote:
> >> I'm somewhat confused by http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00779

> > I do use title directives in included pages and I will oppose the pure
> > removal
>
> So all pages including the other page get the same title?
> I still consider it very confusing that title directives from included
> pages have an effect.

In the PITS entry you linked to, I outlined why and how I use and need a
GroupGooter to define the titles of all pages, based on the page name and
some text variables.

> Why should I use a title directive, if the
> include directive overrides it later?

I agree with you here, I wouldn't be happy if I define a title in a page and
later an included page usurps it.

However... Look at the title of this thread you started.

May we agree that the PITS entry you brought up says that title directive
should have no effect at all from included pages? The "no effect at all" is
what I oppose. Not the first wins or last wins.

"First title wins" is in another PITS entry, http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00266

I have added a sample code to that page, so that the first title directive to
override other title directives in the same page or in included pages. (Hans
has provided another, but for pages on my home wiki with 2+ title directives,
it seems not working in pagelists and [[Page|+]] links.)

Personally, I d'have no objections if we changed pmwiki so that the first
title "winned", or if we could provide an admin variable that controls this,
or both.

I also think that if we change to use the "first" title directive, there will
be no need to disable directives from included pages.

And if there are votes at the PITS:00266 entry, and if Pm doesn't mind, I am
very much willing, and I will do it.

Thanks,
Petko