[pmwiki-users] $PubDirUrl not guessed correctly

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Feb 3 09:41:13 CST 2009

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:12:26PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
>> shouldn't it be possible to determine $PubDirUrl automatically also
>> with "clean URLs" and the chdir method?
>
>In general it's very difficult to automatically guess URLs, especially
>if there are any rewriting or other forwarding "tricks" being played.
>
>That said, if you can suggest an algorithm for automatically
>determining $PubDirUrl, I'll be quite happy to analyze and test it.

my fault. I thought it could be detected somehow, since $UploadUrlFmt
seemed to be been determined automatically. Now I know that
$UploadUrlFmt is derived from $PubDirUrl.

I will put the $PubDirUrl definition beneath the chdir statement to
make a mismatch improbable if I change the pmwiki directory some time
again in the future.

Oliver