[pmwiki-users] Checking for logged-in user

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Tue Feb 3 19:48:30 CST 2009

 From a wiki page, using the default PmWiki security AuthUser, what is
the correct way to determine if someone is logged in (ie, to show a
Logout link), and is not logged in (ie, to show a login link).

Can someone confirm that this is the correct method (which checks for a
password only, not password validity): (:if !enabled authpw:)

PmWiki/AuthUser has no information. The Cookbook/AuthUser has the
cryptic reference that some info on the page is out of data, and this
method:
   (:if enabled AuthId:)

And finally, Cookbook/DynamicPageActions uses these alternatives:
   (:if ( authid ) :)
   (:if enabled AuthPw:)

I've setup a test page at DaveG/Test, including all the methods I found
on the pages. Alt5 (and minor alternative Alt6) seem to work. Can
someone confirm that's correct, and I'll update the various pages.

Thanks,

  ~ ~ Dave