[pmwiki-users] Translation downloads updated

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Feb 4 12:30:56 CST 2009

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 16:06:18 Oliver Betz wrote:
> Petko Yotov wrote:
> >On Monday 02 February 2009 11:40:38 Oliver Betz wrote:
> >> BTW: How is it done for the PmWiki/ pages included in the
> >> distribution?
> >
> >They are manually added to the svn repository, and manually checked for
> >changes and updated. That's why they may be outdated, and I need to find
> > some time to do it. Soon. :-)
>
> Huh, a lot of work. How do you "check for changes" - do you use an
> advanced comparison tool? If so, I would consider a filter to make the
> page files "human readable".

The script reports if the page in wiki.d has been modified, can display and
let me edit the latest version in wiki-markup (I didn't get that last time),
and update or revert the version in wikilib.d. Then it can update the repo.

What I meant by "manually" is that I personally have to look at the current
page to see if it is ok.[1]

Patrick agreed to update the tool to also display text-diffs between the
wiki.d and the wikilib.d versions. Right now, after many months of changes,
text-diffs will be huge and impractical, but after we review and update these
pages, newer changes will be smaller and diffs will be easier to use.

Petko

[1] I can use some help. If people from the community have the time and are
willing to help out, we could review all PmWiki/* pages and fix them with an
edit summary like "Ok for a release". This will be much faster. (Other ideas
are welcome too.)