[pmwiki-users] Stay logged in on a specific machine...

Michael Shanley mike at upisup.com
Sat Feb 7 08:48:29 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Olle <ollebe at student.chalmers.se> wrote:

> You could just use UserAuth2, and set "$UA2AllowCookieLogin = true;" in
> your
> config file. Works great.
>
> And be aware that using any of these authentication recipes, or even
> PmWiki's
> Authuser itself, makes the cookie readable to the whole domain name by
> default. So only use them if you yourself controls everything under your
> domain name. Otherwise, hack it a bit to change the cookie paths.
>
> /Olle Bergkvist

 I have been using AuthUser, to answer Pm's question. I figured php sessions
were what were causing my problem to begin with. As far as it goes, I would
even dig in the AuthForm allowed firefox to remember my username and
password, which I suspect is as a result of their name attribute, right?

Also, thanks for the info Olle. I always liked UserAuth's methodology,
though the last time I tried it, it gave me more problems than I wanted.
Now, it seems like it's time to work that out. Cool.

Mike