[pmwiki-users] Missing accesskey definitions

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Mon Feb 9 10:06:07 CST 2009

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>> Site/PageActions contains these access keys nowhere defined (e.g.
>> prefs.php):
>>
>> ak_attach
>> ak_backlinks
>> ak_logout
>>
>> Should these removed from Site/PageActions or get some defaults in the
>> distribution?
>
>Neither.  I think they're fine the way they are now.

I don't know whether it's only a cosmetic issue that these access keys
resolve to their full name in hmtl, e.g. "<a accesskey='ak_backlinks'"

Other access keys are defined to '' - maybe that's not better or
worse.

>If an XLPage, skin, or local customization chooses to define
>values for these access keys then they will work, so I'm against
>removing them from Site/PageActions.

Wouldn't it be nice to have them added to Site/Preferences to remind
anyone making customizations of the actions?

>I'm also against adding arbitrary defaults to the distribution -- if
>there are some obvious choices we can add them, but I don't want to
>give them values just to keep them from being empty.

there are already several actions set to '' (at least view and print).
IMO that's clearer than leaving them undefinded.

Oliver