[pmwiki-users] Feature request - selecting between multiple templates for new pages

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Feb 9 14:49:50 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Steven Benmosh <wordz2u at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I would like to have multiple templates, and be able to choose when I
> create a new page which one to use. This way, I can easily regroup the pages
> based on countries, without losing the ability to match the template to the
> page content.

Since I urgently need to do something I don't want to do <g> I went ahead
and tested out the form.  This (below) seems to work fine:

===(snip)===
(:input form "pmwiki.php" GET:)
Page Name: (:input text n:)\\
(:input hidden action "edit":)
(:input radio template Test.Foo:) Foo\\
(:input radio template Test.Foo2:) Foo2\\
(:input submit create "Create New Page":)
(:input form end:)

I haven't tested it in the sidebar, but I don't think it should make any
difference.  You may want to surround it with some sort of conditional if
you don't want every user seeing this in the sidebar all the time...

-Peter