[pmwiki-users] Fox - allow/disallow posting directives per form

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 17:53:58 CST 2009

Monday, February 9, 2009, 10:59:56 PM, James DeVain wrote:

> I'd like to give authors the ability to decide whether directives
> can be posted on a form-by-form basis. Currently, I'm dealing with
> this by allowing the posting of directives by default, but giving
> authors the option of using a fox filter which scrubs directives.
> What I'd prefer, though, is the reverse – the posting of directives
> disallowed by default, but could be allowed on a form via a
> foxfilter (or something).

Ha, you wish to keep the prison locked but hand the prisoners the
keys? ;-)

I don't recommend this, but you could try to reset the Fox config
variable in a fox filter function to

   $EnablePostDirectives = true;

Fox filter functions are called early in the process, before the
FoxDefuseMarkup function which rewrites some characters so the
directives won't function.

  ~Hans