[pmwiki-users] pagelist templates, categories

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 10 10:26:09 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:07:37AM +0200, Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:

> 1. Should markup expressions/page variables work with
>    (:template defaults:)? I wanted to define a simple template with
>    (:template defaults group={$Group}:), but I couldn't make it work...

It _should_ work, but might not.  Note that {$Group} will always
end up receiving the group name of the template page itself.

> 2. I want tags that do not show in the output, can be used in pagelists
>    and automatically create self-named pages after editing.
>
>    Categories would perfectly fit here, but I do not know how to hide
>    them from output. I have used $LinkCategoryFmt=' ';, but this doesn't
>    seem right. I could specify (:if false:) with Markup('[[!',..., but
>    I do not know how.

In the markup, you can do:

    %comment% [[!CategoryName]]

If you want to configure the wiki so that categories _never_ appear
in the output, then setting $LinkCategoryFmt to ' ' or '' sounds
about right.