[pmwiki-users] Combo link-dropdown menu

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Feb 16 01:17:51 CST 2009

I'd like to create a menu with the following characteristics using
pmwiki:

1) On the page is one or more top-level links with icons instead of
text. We can do this already using Pmwiki.
2) When you hover over one of those links, it drops down a popup menu
of other links. The horizontal vertical menus recipe almost does this
already, but  the width of the top item is the same as the width of
the drop down links - which defeats the space-saving purpose of using
an icon. Also, it does not work in combination with #1 above - that
is, you can't click on the top-level item to go to a page.
3) Ideally, the items in the popup menu would be supplied by a
pagelist or wikitrail.

If this can't be done with pmwiki now, I think it would make an
awesome recipe if anyone has the skills to create it. For example, you
might use the top-level icon as a link to a page that describes the
drop down items in detail (and which also allows users who have
javascript disabled to get to those items).

Randy