[pmwiki-users] wikiform ptv change

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Feb 19 18:20:45 CST 2009

>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:46:10 -0200
>From: edwin marte <edwin.marte at leidba.com>
>Subject: [pmwiki-users] wikiform ptv change
>
>As far as I can see (understand) Wikiforms works with PTV as  definition
>List  [ example-->   :PTVname: PTVValue  ]  . I have a system where instead
>of using the markup of wikiform I'd like using ZAP forms (More Flexible, but
>keep using the wikilist). The problem arrises  when using zapform the
>variable are created using hidden directive [example-->   (:PTVname:
>PTVValue:) ]

As it happens, when wikiforms first appeared, ":term: description" was
just definition list markup -- there were no PTVs. Strictly speaking,
it doesn't use PTV markup, because spaces (AFAIK) are not allowed in
PTVnames, whereas they are allowed in wikiform term names.

>So, my questions:
>
>1-) Is there a way to change from hidden directive PTVs to Definition List
>PTVs  , not manually(I have not found a way yet)

Or it may be possible to add a module to wikiforms that recognises the
hidden PTV markup. It calls a function to load the field values into
an array, so if we made the function name a variable in all the calls,
it would be possible to write a third-party plug-in.

>2-) Once I have a system with wikiform, let's say that I need to make a
>change, imagine we have the pages this way:
>
>var1
>var2
>var3
>
>and now I would like to make it look like like this:
>
>var1
>var2
>var4
>var3
>
>Anybody knows how to make (some sort of automated )  a change in many pages
>placing another PTV in a specific position within the page (insertin the
>PTV).

Wikiforms will recognise new fields added to the end of the page, but not
fields added in other places. It gets very confused. However, you may be
able to achieve the effect you want by using a ViewTemplate page. If on a
FormTemplate you define

:var1:field1

:var2:field2

:var3:field3

:var4:field4

but define a ViewTemplate as

:var1:<field1>

:var2:<field2>

:var4:<field4>

:var3:<field3>

it should *display* the page the way you want it, while it *stores*
the page in a way that wikiforms can use. Of course, by using a
ViewTemplate, you can display the page in whatever style suits you.

I hope this helps. I have not tested it, but it should work. I can
post a link to a system using a ViewTemplate if required.

JR
--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited