[pmwiki-users] Nested Blocks (tables, divs, etc)

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Feb 20 10:39:50 CST 2009

Hi, I am looking through the code in stdmarkup.php, in particular the
Cells function and wondering why we don't offer (automatic) nested
tables/divs, etc?

There seems already to be the option to have markup like (:divN:) which
nests only because it's seen as a different $key in the Cells function.
However, it would also appear to be fairly simple to make this "N"
autoincrement on it's own and simply track nesting that way?  eg
introduce something like $nest[$key] and use this as the "N"
(automatically) in the (:divN:) syntax?

This doesn't seem to change or break anything obvious.  We could nest
divs before, now we can just do it without having to manually number them.

Comments?  Would a patch be accepted?

Ed W