[pmwiki-users] AuthUser, Drafts and GroupAttributes.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Mon Feb 23 12:53:21 CST 2009

It seems that every time I need to figure out how to implement a
password scheme in PmWiki I get completely lost. Here's the latest thing
that I'm having trouble getting to work:

I have wiki where we're using AuthUser with external password and group
files. The site has a bunch of world-readable groups and a bunch of
internal-only groups. Since there are far more of the latter, I have set
up the default edit and read permissons to be 'id:*', and have set the
'read' attribute in the public GroupAttribute pages to '@nopass'. This
has been working fine.

Now, I've just been asked to restrict publishing rights to public groups
by not allowing anyone in group @losers to publish pages. How should I
do this? My first impulse was to edit the publish attribute of the
GroupAttributes page for the public groups, and change it to 'id:*
- at losers' but this doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?