[pmwiki-users] Trying to add new page variable problem

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Feb 23 14:36:59 CST 2009

Thankyou for that extremely helpful reply

Just to jump straight to the recommended final solution then!

Given that the goal is to enhance the sitemap.php recipe to support:

- Marking a page as should not be listed in the google sitemap
- marking a page's "priority"
- marking an "update frequency"
- checking that the page is not a plain redirect page

How best should I design my markup so that I can scan for these things.
The idea is bar the last item that the user can add markup to individual
pages to indicate this stuff

Assuming you recommend instead using pagevars rather than writing vars
to the page file, can you perhaps spend a few seconds explaining the
ReadVar function and how it picks out the pagevars because it's rather
alluding me how it actually functions right now...

Many thanks

Ed W