[pmwiki-users] Trying to add new page variable problem

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Feb 24 01:03:08 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> Given that the goal is to enhance the sitemap.php recipe to support:

> How best should I design my markup so that I can scan for these things.

Use PTVs.  The name of the variable is something consistent across all pages
so you can scan for it.  If it doesn't exist then you have some appropriate
default chosen.

> Assuming you recommend instead using pagevars rather than writing vars
> to the page file, can you perhaps spend a few seconds explaining the
> ReadVar function and how it picks out the pagevars because it's rather
> alluding me how it actually functions right now...

Er...  Where are you finding the ReadVar function?  Do you mean PageVar()?
Why not just use the function as it stands?  You can do a quick CondAuth()
ahead of time if you need to check authorizations...

If you do need to understand the internals of PageVar or PageTextVar try
putting in some of those echo statements I recommended earlier, figure out
the majority of it, and if you have specific questions go ahead and post
them.

-Peter