[pmwiki-users] Nested Blocks (tables, divs, etc)

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Feb 24 20:16:41 CST 2009

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> Way not just make it configurable? In my case  for example it's far more
>> hassle to keep control over the numbering cause I work a lot with
>> includes and sections.
>>

> Sure, it's configurable -- just write a recipe that replaces
> the existing markups with the version(s) you want.  :-)
>
> Pm

I appreciate that you are being flippant, but your suggestion requires
"forking" a fairly major piece of core code which will obviously now
have to be maintained from version to version and also it breaks any
further recipes trying to do the same thing

I hope there might be some happy medium here.  My own opinion is that
lack of explicit closing of tags just leads to problems down the road
and lots of complexities parsing things.

However, perhaps:
  >>blah<< continues a div and
  >>!blah<< closes the outermost level and creates a new block at that
level?

Or something else?

Nested markup would be extremely helpful - it seems like every even
simple page I write has to jump through hoops just to live without any
sort of nesting...

Ed W