[pmwiki-users] userauth questions

Greg T. Grimes greg.grimes at msstate.edu
Wed Feb 25 16:16:58 CST 2009

It sounds like the webserver doesn't have write permissions to the
.htpasswd file.  This is a good thing though.  You don't want the
webserver editing your .htpassd or .htaccess files.  This has hacker hay
day written all over it if you allow it.  I use ldap for my user
authentication so I'm not familiar with how pmWiki works with .htpasswd.
But I do know what you described sounds like.  You can test it by changing
the permisions on the .htpasswd file.

chmod 666 .htpasswd

That's for linux.