[pmwiki-users] OT: How does Dreamweaver work?

Don Schaefer send2ds at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 21:02:41 CST 2009

Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG HTML editor, and more. When it uploads, it
sends up the whole structure of the site -- html, css, folders,
scripts, etc. If you have server access and a way to edit those files,
you can that without Dreamweaver. Any text editor, BBEdit or TextMate,
can do it. I do edits to my PHP files on the server with an FTP app
called Yummy FTP. It allows me to edit any files on the server (that I
am allowed to) in my text editor, TextMate.

Hope that answers your question.

With all the great tools like PmWiki, and the CMS solutions like
WordPress, Joomla, or Moveable Type, I rarely use Dreamweaver anymore.

donS