[pmwiki-users] help with bad meta info when using pagelist templates to generate thumbnail galleries

Derek Lerner lernaway at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 12:54:48 CST 2009

I am using the description directive along with a custom pagelist
template to present teaser thumbnail images that link to associated
pages along with captions. The problem I am finding when using this
method is the meta info. This process is not playing nicely with
search engines. It displays wiki & HTML code as the pages description
when indexed.

(:description [[http://www.PATH TO IMAGE.jpg"Alt text goes here"-
 >{$FullName}]]%%<br>'''Bold Caption'''<br>Sub caption:)

when served the meta comes out as...

text goes here"-&gt;Group.PageName]]%%<br>&#039;&#039;&#039;Bold
Caption&#039;&#039;&#039;<br>Sub caption' />

as opposed to only showing the alternate text.

below is the pagelist template I am currently using:

----
!!!fmt=#thumblist

[@
[[#thumblist]]
(:if equal {<$Group}:)
 >>lframe width=600px<<
(:if:)\
{=$Description}<br>
(:if equal {>$Group}:)
 >><<
[[#thumblist]]
@]

----

Is there a way to do this without using the description directive? For
instance make my own (:teaser:) directive that would work in the same
way as (:description:) does when used in conjunction with a custom
pagelist template.

Any ideas or suggestions anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Derek